Assistant Distribution Center Manager
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, diverse, growing company that is committed to providing "best in class" products and services to its nationwide customer base while playing a lead role helping to preserve our global environment? If so, Soligent Distribution is looking for an experienced individual to join our supply chain team as our Inventory and Pricing Analyst. Soligent values teamwork while maintaining a strong sense of personal accountability for one's own performance. Our environment is not for everyone, but, if you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you have the support of the team as well as the ability to achieve personal success, please apply today for this position.
The Assistant Distribution Center Manager is an employee of Soligent Holdings, Inc. (“Company”) and is exempt from minimum wage and overtime payments under California law. The Assistant Distribution Center Manager oversees diverse material distribution duties to ensure timely and accurate receiving, shipping, inventory and material handling transactions both from an informational (data entry and communication) and a physical hands-on stand point. This role is responsible for the management & coordination of all distribution activities, operations, and staff to ensure conformance to established procedures.
- Supervise all in- and outbound shipments including but not limited to sorting, logging, delivering, packing, and shipping.
- Supervise & Audit shipments prior to packing to ensure that goods match order.
- Ensures that proper equipment, manuals, and accessories are shipped with correct order.
- Supervises and assists with the preparation of shipping and receiving documentation; Ensuring orderly files for all documentation.
- Responsible for the management & coordination of all shipping/receiving activities
- Maintaining appropriate staffing levels.
- Maintain performance records and providing feedback on performance including disciplinary actions as needed.
- Supervises the scheduling of daily transportation.
- Supervises and assists with all receiving transactions and paperwork.
- Supervises and assists with the inspections of all incoming freight for damage; follows-up with purchasing to resolve any damaged freight issues.
- Supervises & assists with maintaining material inventory levels.
- Supervises & assists with responses to requests for tracing of missing shipments.
- Maintains safety and housekeeping standards in shipping area.
- Investigates problems, finds root causes and helps develop solutions
- Supervise the performance of daily cycle counts
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement
- Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
The Assistant Distribution Center Manager must have the following skills:
- Understanding of WMS/NetSuite Lite and assist with implementations.
- Motivate and manage a team of employees.
- Maintain a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Act as a flexible and innovative manager.
- Ability to operate Forklift and pass certification
- To demonstrate versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Physical Demands: The Assistant Distribution Center Manager must have the ability
- To load/unload incoming and outgoing shipments in all types of adverse weather conditions.
- To work in an environment in which temperatures may vary and noise level can be moderate to high.
- To hear oral communications by telephone and in person.
- To lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly without assistance.
- To climb a ladder to a height of at least 20 feet.
- To wear appropriate safety equipment.
Mental Demands: The Assistant Distribution Center Manager must have the ability
- To give oral and written directions to team members.
- To have close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- To work in a very busy environment subject to constant interruptions.
- To work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- To exercise strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- To manage conflicting and simultaneous priorities and workflow.
- To interact with customers while maintaining calm demeanor.
- To understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- To practice sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions.
- To learn new tasks and skills.
- To respond courteously and promptly to upper management demands or inquires.
- To be comfortable and at ease when speaking to vendors, and other employees of the Company with whom communication and coordination is essential.
- To express a professional demeanor when representing the Company.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k