Soligent is the largest pure play solar distributor, financier, and technology platform in the Americas. At Soligent, we envision a world where solar isn’t just the cleanest choice for power: it’s the obvious choice. Our mission is to empower homeowners and installers with a tool-set that transforms the way the world produces energy. We do this by hiring talented people, empowering our team, and being mission driven. Soligent has been featured by the White House, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, The World Economic Forum, and the Atlantic among other publications. In this role, you will see and participate in the interworking of a high growth entrepreneurial large company in a sector that changes the world.
- We are the largest business of its kind in the world. With 5,000 customers in 45 countries, Soligent is an established industry leader in solar with the fast-paced and entrepreneurial spirit of a startup.
- You will be part of a vital team at the forefront of transforming how people use energy. Drive positive change in the world while working with the best and brightest. Our executives have built and led successful billion-dollar companies.
- We invest in you. You will learn the ins and outs of solar, be exposed to roles across the company, and receive quality training.
- Are you mission driven? At Soligent, solar is more than a job; it’s our future.
- Do you see solutions where others see problems? You’re not satisfied with the status quo; you constantly think about how to improve processes.
- Do you enjoy getting your hands dirty? You understand the big picture but also have an innate ability to drill down and execute with high attention to detail.
- Can you execute individually but enjoy working with a team? We support a strong culture of teamwork where it’s about the collective gain. Feedback is a big part of that.
- Does your word mean everything, you take responsibility for outcomes, and are incredibly persistent? We have a culture of integrity and accountability.
- Do you connect the dots easily? You can see how your role fits in with the organization.
- Are you fun to be around and able to wear many hats? Soligent is a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture. We believe saving the world should be fun.
The Category Manager is a pivotal member of the Supply Chain Team. This position will manage category / commodity specific inventory spends, direct supply base management, and product life-cycle coordination in support of Soligent’s corporate objectives. This high-level resource will lead efforts to commercially qualify and negotiate terms of the business relationship for Soligent while striking the appropriate balance between service, cost management, and assurance of supply.
- Implements and maintains inventory and material management strategies by regular review and optimization of inventory parameters and levels.
- Consults with suppliers regarding availability of products and lead times.
- Maintains accuracy of feasible replenishment plans across all distribution networks.
- Manages inventory levels in order to maximize sales.
- Coordinates with suppliers on new product roll-outs.
- Reviews out of stock situations or shortage of supply issues and recommend mitigating action.
- Develops exit strategies for unsuccessful products.
- Conducts root cause analysis for Supply Chain issues/variances and perform define corrective action plans to avoid re-occurrence.
- Balances inventory between multiple warehouses.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Suppliers to implement monthly promotional strategies to assist with promoting new and or slow moving product sales.
- Build supplier relationships for applicable products by attending Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s), industry events and trade shows.
- Actively participates in meetings with the sales team and collaborates to improve product sales.
- Conducts daily reporting for the Purchasing team.
- Uploads forecast each month into the database and assists in providing the report for the Executive team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Required Skills/Proficiencies: The Category Manager must have the following skills:
- In-depth Excel knowledge.
- Proficiency with ERP/MRP/DRP systems- NetSuite preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferably in Supply Chain, Business, or
related degree, or equivalent applicable work experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in planning/buying and inventory management required or substitute with degree or Supply Chain certificates.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with colleagues and suppliers
Physical Demands: The Category Manager must have the ability
- To speak clearly and understandably by telephone and in person.
- To have close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- To hear oral communications by telephone and in person.
- To sit for prolonged periods, sometimes for two hours.
- To employ repetitive hand motion and prolonged use of computer.
Mental Demands: The Category Manager must have the ability
- To tolerate the stress of performing multiple, simultaneous, possibly conflicting, demands.
- To pay close attention to detail.
- To meet deadlines regarding regular account reconciling and balancing
- To exercise strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- To work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- To understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- To practice sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions.
- To learn new tasks and skills.
- To respond courteously and promptly to upper management demands or inquires.
- To be comfortable and at ease when speaking to vendors, and other employees of the Company with
whom communication and coordination is essential.
- To express a professional demeanor when representing the Company.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, HSA, FSA