Director of Human Resources
Soligent, the largest Solar Distributor in the United States and one of the fastest growing solar finance and tech companies run by a seasoned team of senior executives, is currently hiring for a talented Director of Human Resources.
- We are the largest business of its kind in the world. With 5,000 customers in 45 countries, Soligent is an established industry leader in solar with the fast-paced and entrepreneurial spirit of a startup.
- You will be part of a vital team at the forefront of transforming how people use energy. Drive positive change in the world while working with the best and brightest. Our executives have built and led successful billion dollar companies.
- We invest in you. The skills we teach and on-the-job learning will provide an excellent launch pad for your next endeavor. You will learn the ins and outs of solar, be exposed to roles across the company, and receive quality training.
- Are you mission driven? At Soligent, solar is more than a job; it’s our future.
- Do you see solutions where others see problems? You’re not satisfied with the status quo; you constantly think about how to improve processes.
- Do you enjoy getting your hands dirty? You understand the big picture but also have an innate ability to drill down and execute with high attention to detail.
- Can you execute individually but enjoy working with a team? We support a strong culture of teamwork where it’s about the collective gain. Feedback is a big part of that.
- Does your word mean everything, you take responsibility for outcomes, and are incredibly persistent? We have a culture of integrity and accountability.
- Are you fun to be around and able to wear many hats? Soligent is a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture. We believe saving the world should be fun.
Director of Human Resources Role
As the Director of Human Resources you will lead one of the organization’s most exciting and high-impact areas - overseeing Soligent’s talent acquisition strategy and staff development as well as the administration of all employee benefits, worker’s compensation, and all payroll functions. You will develop, manage, and align the organization’s recruiting strategy with its execution strategy. The Director will work side-by-side with hiring managers and executives to identify staffing needs, craft position descriptions, implement quality interviewing processes, and develop our recruiting and people marketing strategy. You will oversee and add to our existing best-in-class onboarding program and orchestrate a professional development training program across the organization. You will proactively engage with senior leaders to shape the human capital of their roles, ensuring top level staff performance as well as executing the process involved in compensation and employee performance reviews.
The Director will offer proactive leadership on human resource initiatives via business processes like information technology, finance, procurements, and legalities. You will develop and administer company-wide human resource policies, procedures, and practices that align with corporate objectives as well as federal and state legal requirements. You will promote positive employee relations through design, communication, and interpretation of human resource policies and programs.
The Director will work with managers to ensure all employees have clear job descriptions, goals, key performance indicators, and regular employee performance evaluations. The Director will train managers how to provide feedback, set professional and personal goals, provide mentorship, and develop processes to encourage upward professional mobility. In addition to conducting our regular 6 month employee survey, the Director of Human Resources will analyze and present the results along with recommendations. If you are passionate about having a huge impact in aligning a large organization’s people, processes, and culture and have a natural ability for working with people at every level, then this role may be a perfect fit for you.
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent, four to six years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
- Experience in recruiting and staffing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, Business Works helpful.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, both Long-term and Short-term disability, 401 k