Soligent is the largest pure play solar distributor, financier, and technology platform in the Americas. At Soligent, we envision a world where solar isn’t just the cleanest choice for power: it’s the obvious choice. Our mission is to empower homeowners and installers with a tool-set that transforms the way the world produces energy. We do this by hiring talented people, empowering our team, and being mission driven. Soligent has been featured by the White House, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, The World Economic Forum, and the Atlantic among other publications. In this role, you will see and participate in the interworking of a high growth entrepreneurial large company in a sector that changes the world.
- We are the largest business of its kind in the world. With 5,000 customers in 45 countries, Soligent is an established industry leader in solar with the fast-paced and entrepreneurial spirit of a startup.
- You will be part of a vital team at the forefront of transforming how people use energy. Drive positive change in the world while working with the best and brightest. Our executives have built and led successful billion-dollar companies.
- We invest in you. You will learn the ins and outs of solar, be exposed to roles across the company, and receive quality training.
- Are you mission driven? At Soligent, solar is more than a job; it’s our future.
- Do you see solutions where others see problems? You’re not satisfied with the status quo; you constantly think about how to improve processes.
- Do you enjoy getting your hands dirty? You understand the big picture but also have an innate ability to drill down and execute with high attention to detail.
- Can you execute individually but enjoy working with a team? We support a strong culture of teamwork where it’s about the collective gain. Feedback is a big part of that.
- Does your word mean everything, you take responsibility for outcomes, and are incredibly persistent? We have a culture of integrity and accountability.
- Do you connect the dots easily? You can see how your role fits in with the organization.
- Are you fun to be around and able to wear many hats? Soligent is a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture. We believe saving the world should be fun.
The Business Analyst will work cross-functionally across the company to design and implement analytics and business intelligence initiatives supporting all departments. The team will look to the Business Analyst to help establish/streamline policies and procedures throughout the department and to support best practices in analytics, reporting, and data management.
- Interprets, evaluates and interrelates research data and develops integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports.
- Conducts insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues and performs analysis to create business cases for projects.
- Participates in business process management group efforts to collect and analyze metrics and continually improve processes.
- Participates in root cause analysis to recommend product enhancements or other appropriate actions to improve productivity.
- Creates informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Studies and analyzes various business data and financial information, including market trends, sales figures, and inventory control processes.
- Implements business intelligence capabilities to support industry benchmarking, market trending analysis, internal performance analysis and analysis to support decision making.
- Leads and/or contributes to business intelligence solutions for various projects, including process, system, supplier and customer initiatives.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to implement business intelligence initiatives and analytics.
- Conducts reporting and analysis for various departments, including creating and customizing reports.
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Keeps up to date on the overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Participates in business process modeling sessions, acting as a documentarian, co-facilitator, facilitator or subject matter expert in sessions as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
The Business Analyst must have the following skills:
- 2-plus years in a Business Analyst or similar role.
- Proficient with Oracle and advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency including proficiency working with large sets of data and using pivot tables.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Act as a flexible and innovative team player.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent applicable work experience.
Physical Demands: The Business Analyst must have the ability
- To speak clearly and hear oral communications by telephone and in person.
- To have close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- To sit for prolonged periods, sometimes for two hours or more when working on the computer.
- To lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Mental Demands: The Business Analyst must have the ability
- To exercise strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- To manage conflicting and simultaneous priorities and workflow.
- To work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- To understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- To practice sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions.
- To respond courteously and promptly to upper management demands or inquires.
- To be comfortable and at ease when speaking to vendors, and other employees of the Company with whom communication and coordination is essential.
- To express a professional demeanor and calm when representing the Company.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), HSA, FSA