DESCRIPTION: Would you like to be part of a dynamic, diverse, growing company that is committed to providing “best in class” products and services to its nationwide customer base while playing a lead role helping to preserve our global environment? Soligent is the largest pure play solar distributor, financier, and technology platform in the Americas. At Soligent, we envision a world where solar isn’t just the cleanest choice for power: it’s the obvious choice. Our mission is to empower homeowners and installers with a tool-set that transforms the way the world produces energy. We do this by hiring talented people, empowering our team, and being mission-driven. Soligent has been featured by the White House, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, The World Economic Forum, and the Atlantic among other publications.
SUMMARY: The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for implementing and following policies/procedures relating to the various aspects of Logistics. This position provides support to Customer Service and Sales by processing queries, providing freight quotes and tracking shipments. This position is also expected to analyze performance, identify problems and develop recommendations which support the management of logistics, order entry, sales and purchasing.
- Coordinates routing of customer shipments to meet customer requirements.
- Ensures accuracy and efficiency of shipment related information.
- Provides freight quotes
- Investigates problems, finds root causes and helps develop solutions
- Quickly responds to customer and sales inquiries/requests.
- Documents procedures
- Processes and validates daily orders
- Oversees and participates in the Cycle Count process
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by manager.
Required Skills/Proficiencies: The Logistics Coordinator must have the following skills:
- Proficient with Oracle, MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Motivate and manage a team of employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Act as a flexible and innovative team player.
- One to two years related experience or equivalent.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
Physical Demands: The Logistics Coordinator must have the ability
- To speak clearly by telephone and in person.
- To have close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- To hear oral communications by telephone and in person.
- To sit for prolonged periods, sometimes for two hours or more when working on the computer.
- To lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Mental Demands: The Logistics Coordinator must have the ability
- To exercise strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- To manage conflicting and simultaneous priorities and workflow.
- To interact with customers while maintaining calm demeanor.
- To work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- To understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- To practice sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions.
- To learn new tasks and skills.
- To respond courteously and promptly to upper management demands or inquires.
- To be comfortable and at ease when speaking to vendors, and other employees of the Company with whom communication and coordination is essential.
- To express a professional demeanor when representing the Company.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, HSA, FSA