Soligent is the largest pure play solar distributor, financier, and technology platform in the Americas. At Soligent, we envision a world where solar isn’t just the cleanest choice for power: it’s the obvious choice. Our mission is to empower homeowners and installers with a tool-set that transforms the way the world produces energy. We do this by hiring talented people, empowering our team, and being mission driven. Soligent has been featured by the White House, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, The World Economic Forum, and the Atlantic among other publications. In this role, you will see and participate in the interworking of a high growth entrepreneurial large company in a sector that changes the world.
- We are the largest business of its kind in the world. With 5,000 customers in 45 countries, Soligent is an established industry leader in solar with the fast-paced and entrepreneurial spirit of a startup.
- You will be part of a vital team at the forefront of transforming how people use energy. Drive positive change in the world while working with the best and brightest. Our executives have built and led successful billion-dollar companies.
- We invest in you. You will learn the ins and outs of solar, be exposed to roles across the company, and receive quality training.
- Are you mission driven? At Soligent, solar is more than a job; it’s our future.
- Do you see solutions where others see problems? You’re not satisfied with the status quo; you constantly think about how to improve processes.
- Do you enjoy getting your hands dirty? You understand the big picture but also have an innate ability to drill down and execute with high attention to detail.
- Can you execute individually but enjoy working with a team? We support a strong culture of teamwork where it’s about the collective gain. Feedback is a big part of that.
- Does your word mean everything, you take responsibility for outcomes, and are incredibly persistent? We have a culture of integrity and accountability.
- Do you connect the dots easily? You can see how your role fits in with the organization.
- Are you fun to be around and able to wear many hats? Soligent is a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture. We believe saving the world should be fun.
- Manages day-to-day supplier relationships.
- Manages relationships with suppliers when there are any shipping issues or discrepancies with product (e.g. damaged boxes, different quantity, poor quality, VRAs, etc).
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates activities related to the procurement function. Work with suppliers, customers, or internal stakeholders to maintain and/or improve service levels as required.
- Collaborates with the warehouses to ensure deliveries from suppliers are being received in a timely manner.
- Interfaces with all departments to resolve problems or issues as necessary.
- Captures order confirmations and tracking received by suppliers.
- Coordinates freight pick-up from suppliers or warehouse transfers.
- Manages and creates all Special Pricing Agreements in the system.
- Establishes new inventory items and updates all pricing from suppliers within the ERP system.
- Confers with suppliers to confirm delivery schedule or to escalate if a purchase order is late with shipping.
- Communicates with vendors to track and confirm the status of orders.
- Collaborates with the internal team to provide back up coverage for the planners as needed.
- Sends data to suppliers and responds to sales or supplier questions as needed.
- Confirms order confirmations match exactly to purchase orders in the system.
- Maintains instructions in the system on moving to new products, etc.
- Interfaces with all departments and resolves problems and issues as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
The Buyer must have the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Innovation as a team player, but also self-motivated.
- Proficiency with Excel, Google Work Apps, ERP/MRP/DRP system- NetSuite preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferably in Supply Chain, Business, or related degree. Can be substituted with relevant experience.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
Physical Demands: The Buyer must have the ability
- To speak clearly and understandably by telephone and in person.
- To have close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- To hear oral communications by telephone and in person.
- To sit for prolonged periods, sometimes for two hours.
- To employ repetitive hand motion and prolonged use of computer.
Mental Demands: The Buyer must have the ability
- To tolerate the stress of performing multiple, simultaneous, possibly conflicting, demands.
- To pay close attention to detail.
- To meet deadlines regarding regular account reconciling and balancing
- To exercise strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- To work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- To understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- To practice sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions.
- To learn new tasks and skills.
- To respond courteously and promptly to upper management demands or inquires.
- To be comfortable and at ease when speaking to vendors, and other employees of the Company with
- whom communication and coordination is essential.
- To express a professional demeanor when representing the Company.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), HSA, FSA