Operations Project Manager
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, diverse, growing company that is committed to providing “best in class” products and services to its nationwide customer base while playing a lead role helping to preserve our global environment? Soligent is the largest pure play solar distributor, financier, and technology platform in the Americas. At Soligent, we envision a world where solar isn’t just the cleanest choice for power: it’s the obvious choice. Our mission is to empower homeowners and installers with a tool-set that transforms the way the world produces energy. We do this by hiring talented people, empowering our team, and being mission-driven. Soligent has been featured by the White House, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, The World Economic Forum, and the Atlantic among other publications.
SUMMARY: The Operations Project Manager is in charge of organizing, planning, and implementing projects related to logistics, warehouses, transportation, and customer services, which includes our distribution centers and logistics partnerships. This role is responsible for the expansion of our warehouse network and managing projects related to the transformation of our logistics offerings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as point person for developing implementation plans for transition to new facilities, new logistics providers and new 3PL’s.
- Analyze process workflow, determine employee and space requirements, develop equipment layouts and equipment needs; initiate corrective actions and implement changes for expansion of warehouses and distribution.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle.
- Interact with and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce on implementation and processes to include WMS requirements.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets through the preparation of an annual budget, forecasting requirements and scheduling expenditures.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Develop processes for product handling and storage requirements; receiving product, equipment utilization and rental, and shipping.
- Responsible for all aspects of vehicle and heavy equipment rental management.
- Manage relationships with key operations vendors such as property managers of warehouses, 3PL providers, Logistics companies, freight brokers, 4PL providers.
- Communicate all operating policies that are currently in development or recently implemented at department meetings.
- Proficiency with Excel.
- Proficiency with Google documents and Gmail.
- Experience with Net Suite or other ERP.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and summarize data for executive team.
- To speak clearly by telephone and in person.
- To have close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- To hear oral communications by telephone and in person.
- To sit for prolonged periods, sometimes for two hours or more when working on the computer.
- To exercise strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- To demonstrate versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- To tolerate the stress of performing multiple, simultaneous, possibly conflicting demands under tight time constraints.
- To work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- To understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Job Type: Full-time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k