Would you like to be part of a dynamic, diverse, growing company that is committed to providing “best in class” products and services to its nationwide customer base while playing a lead role helping to preserve our global environment? If so, Soligent Distribution is looking for an experienced individual to work as an Associate Buyer. Soligent values teamwork while maintaining a strong sense of personal accountability for one's own performance. Our environment is not for everyone, but, if you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you have the support of the team as well as the ability to achieve personal success, please apply today for this position.
- Inputs order confirmations and tracking received by suppliers.
- Arranges freight pick-up from suppliers or for warehouse transfers.
- Manages and creates all Special Pricing Agreements in the system.
- Sets up new items under the direction of the planners and technician.
- Updates all pricing from suppliers in the system.
- Assists other departments when required.
- Works closely with the warehouses to ensure deliveries from suppliers are being received in a timely manner.
- Confers with suppliers to confirm delivery schedule or to escalate if a purchase order is late with shipping.
- Receives and contacts vendors to find out status of orders.
- Works with suppliers when there are any shipping issues or discrepancies with product (e.g. damaged boxes, different quantity, poor quality, VRAs, etc).
- Interfaces with all departments and resolves problems and issues as necessary.
- Covers for the planners as needed. Including sending out data to suppliers or helping respond to sales or supplier questions.
- Confirms order confirmations match exactly to purchase orders in the system.
- Maintains instructions in the system on moving to new products, etc.
The Buyer must have the following skills:
- Proficiency with Excel, Google Work Apps, ERP/MRP/DRP system- NetSuite preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferably in Supply Chain, Business, or related degree. Can be substituted with relevant experience.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Innovation as a team player, but also self-motivated.
Physical Demands: The Buyer must have the ability:
- To speak clearly and understandably by telephone and in person.
- To have close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- To hear oral communications by telephone and in person.
- To sit for prolonged periods, sometimes for two hours.
- To employ repetitive hand motion and prolonged use of computer.
Mental Demands: The Buyer must have the ability;
- To tolerate the stress of performing multiple, simultaneous, possibly conflicting, demands.
- To pay close attention to detail.
- To meet deadlines regarding regular account reconciling and balancing
- To exercise strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- To manage conflicting and simultaneous priorities and workflow.
- To work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- To understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- To practice sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions.
- To learn new tasks and skills.
- To respond courteously and promptly to upper management demands or inquires.
- To be comfortable and at ease when speaking to vendors, and other employees of the Company with whom communication and coordination is essential.
- To express a professional demeanor when representing the Company.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k