Would you like to be part of a dynamic, diverse, growing company that is committed to providing “best in class” products and services to its nationwide customer base while playing a lead role helping to preserve our global environment? If so, Soligent Distribution is looking for an experienced individual to work as a Category Manager responsible for one of our product lines. Soligent values teamwork while maintaining a strong sense of personal accountability for one's own performance. Our environment is not for everyone, but, if you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you have the support of the team as well as the ability to achieve personal success, please apply today for this position.
The Category Manager exercises strategic oversight in purchasing activity to benefit the Company and provide an approach to reduce the cost of buying goods and services. The Category Manager helps reduce risk in the Supply Chain, increase overall value from the supply base, and encourage and obtain innovation from suppliers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Acts as Category Manager for one of Soligent's product lines.
- Analyzes supply and demand of a category of products both minimizing overstock and out of stock occurrences.
- Facilitates meetings with the sales team for improving sales of a specific category of products.
- Creates and updates the SIOP (Sales Inventory Operations Planning) monthly and presents to Executive team to ensure it works with Company’s long term plan and goals. Adjusts as needed and executes based off this SIOP after getting appropriate sign-off from all parties.
- Assists in the development of selling strategies based the company’s competitive and success elements.
- Assists in coordinating and executing the business tactics for development, marketing and sales of the products in the category.
- Develops and execute category plans to meet revenue goals.
- Manages inventory levels to maximize sales.
- Assists in preparing capital budget plan and expense management plan.
- Devises long-term development strategies for product category.
- Works with suppliers on new product roll-outs.
- Implements monthly promotional strategies with marketing and suppliers to help move out slow moving product or promote new products.
- Develops exit strategies for unsuccessful products.
- Balances inventory between multiple warehouses.
- Responds to customer’s queries about new products.
- Negotiates price changes with vendors and inform the changes to relevant departments of the organization.
- Works on Price Protections by serial number.
- Facilitates shipment coordination with supplier and appropriate employees and the warehouses.
- Notifies warehouses of large shipments and proactively provides them with information to cross-dock with transfers to help save them time.
- Negotiates SPAs.
- Analyzes customer requirements and places appropriate purchase orders to meet lead time and demand.
- Develops product promotions to drive sales.Addresses customer queries and concerns in a timely fashion.
- Performs supplier negotiations and determine new supplier contract terms.
- Stays updated on industry trends and market competitions.
- Attends Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s), industry events and trade shows for promoting company products.
- Facilitates many interdepartmental meetings across a wide variety of topics.
- Assumes responsibility of budget development and revenue for category or products.
- Responsible for sending data and forecasting to suppliers on a monthly basis.
- Proficiency and expertise in Excel.
- Proficiency with ERP/MRP/DRP systems- NetSuite preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferably in Supply Chain, Business, or related degree.
- 4 years of experience in planning/buying and inventory management required.
- 2 years of experience in the solar industry preferred, but may substitute for other relevant work or industry experience.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Innovation as a team player, but also self-motivated.
Physical Demands: The Category Manager must have the ability:
- To speak clearly and understandably by telephone and in person.
- To have close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- To hear oral communications by telephone and in person.
- To sit for prolonged periods, sometimes for two hours.
- To employ repetitive hand motion and prolonged use of computer.
Mental Demands: The Category Manager must have the ability;
- To tolerate the stress of performing multiple, simultaneous, possibly conflicting, demands.
- To pay close attention to detail.
- To meet deadlines regarding regular account reconciling and balancing
- To exercise strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- To manage conflicting and simultaneous priorities and workflow.
- To work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- To understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- To practice sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions.
- To learn new tasks and skills.
- To respond courteously and promptly to upper management demands or inquires.
- To be comfortable and at ease when speaking to vendors, and other employees of the Company with whom communication and coordination is essential.
- To express a professional demeanor when representing the Company.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k