Would you like to be part of a dynamic, diverse, growing company that is committed to providing “best in class” products and services to its nationwide customer base while playing a lead role helping to preserve our global environment? If so, Soligent Distribution is looking for an experienced individual to work as an Associate Buyer. Soligent values teamwork while maintaining a strong sense of personal accountability for one's own performance. Our environment is not for everyone, but, if you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you have the support of the team as well as the ability to achieve personal success, please apply today for this position.
The Distribution Specialist is an employee of Soligent Holdings, Inc. (“Company”) and is non-exempt from minimum wage and overtime payments under applicable law. The Distribution Specialist ensures timely and accurate receiving, shipping, inventory and material handling transactions both from an informational (data entry and communication) and a physical hands-on stand point.
- Processes all inbound and outbound shipments including but not limited to sorting, logging, delivering, packing, and shipping.
- Audits each shipment prior to packing to ensure that goods match order.
- Packs and labels product based on established standards.
- Ensures that proper equipment, manuals, and accessories are shipped with correct order.
- Prepares shipping and receiving documentation; maintains orderly files for all documentation.
- Participates in scheduling of daily transportation.
- Processes all receiving transactions and paperwork.
- Inspects all incoming freight for damage; follows-up with purchasing to resolve any damaged freight issues.
- Assists in maintaining material inventory levels.
- Assists in responses to requests for tracing of missing shipments.
- Assists in maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in shipping area.
- Investigates problems, finds root causes and helps develop solutions
- Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods.
- Ability to operate Forklift and pass certification
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Performs daily cycle counts
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares all required reports and correspondence.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
The Distribution Specialist must have the following skills:
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Act as a flexible and innovative team player.
- To demonstrate versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Physical Demands: The Distribution Specialist must have the ability
- To load/unload incoming and outgoing shipments in all types of adverse weather conditions.
- To work in an environment in which temperatures may vary and noise level can be moderate to high.
- To hear oral communications by telephone and in person.
- To lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly without assistance.
- To climb a ladder to a height of at least 20 feet.
- To wear appropriate safety equipment.
Mental Demands: The Distribution Specialist must have the ability
- To understand and follow oral and written directions.
- To have close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- To work in a very busy environment subject to constant interruptions.
- To work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- To learn new tasks and skills.
- To respond courteously and promptly to upper management demands or inquires.
- To be comfortable and at ease when speaking to vendors, and other employees of the Company with whom communication and coordination is essential.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k